This week of Hardware and Network Fundamentals I learned about the OSI model and network devices.
The OSI model in order from 1-7 is Physical, Data link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, and Application. We also learned about what devices like cables, switches and bridges, routers, and connectors go in. We learned what PDU goes with what layer.
- Physical: The physical layer deals with bit-level transmission between different devices.
- Data link: The data link layer is used for the encoding, decoding and logical organization of data bits.
- Network: The network layer provides data routing paths for network communication.
- Transport: The transport layer is responsible for end-to-end communication over a network.
- Session: the session layer controls the connections between multiple computers.
- Presentation: The presentation layer is used to present data to the application layer in an accurate, well-defined and standardized format.
- Application: The application layer is protocols that focus on process-to-process communication across an IP network, provides a firm communication interface, and end-user services.
Finally I posted some stuff on Diigo.com. Don’t know what it is go visit and give it a try.
*Psst: It’s a site where you can get some cool info sharing from other cool people, need to know something, ask, and get a direct link to a website. Pretty cool, huh!