This week of Hardware and Network Fundamentals we learned about TCP/IP networks, Routers Protocols, and switches.
Some Routing Protocols include:
- Interior Gateway Protocols
- Typically used by the same entity/organization
- Exterior Gateway Protocols
- Distance Vector = Limited size, older, slower – R.I.P. Routing Information Protocol
- Link State = Newer, faster, unlimited – B.G.P. Border Gateway Protocol
While TCP/IP Networks are:
- Server = Hardware and Software
- Print Servers
- Time Servers
- Domain Name Servers (DNS) = Converts name to IP Addresses
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol – Assign IP addresses
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol – Username and Password
- Web Server
- File Transfers
This week I was the designated note taker and posted the notes on ksunetworking.wikispaces.com, if you want to know what notes they are go ahead and click the link.
Finally I posted some stuff on Diigo.com. Don’t know what it is go visit and give it a try.
*Psst: It’s a site where you can get some cool info sharing from other cool people, need to know something, ask, and get a direct link to a website. Pretty cool, huh!